Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Red light, green light


In his Lying in the Gutters column this week, Rich Johnston includes a Swipe File featuring art from a Spanish graphic novel and the poster for Vantage Point.

The Swipe Files can veer between literal and tongue-in-cheek, and I'd consider this one speculative. The images are very similar, but when I first saw the Vantage Point design (which I like) I felt like I might have seen a similar design before, and it definitely wasn't the graphic novel in question.

It's not so much there is an image within the cutout of a body, but that there's several hard panels within the body, themselves cut off by the outline.

Even if this item remains unresolved, there's always lots of other good rumors, reporting and comics industry shenanigans every week in Lying in the Gutters. Check it out.

UPDATE: Rich conveniently explains the origins and function of the Swipe File in his March 3 LITG.

No comments: