Friday, January 18, 2008

What it's all about

By 2007 it had been years since I read a traditional book (non-graphic novel, though those and numerous unread comics were piling up as well). I knew I was not reading enough, but it was not until I committed to finishing a long ago started, but never finished book over a few days at the Jersey shore and a trip to New England that I rediscovered the joy of long-form written word.

With the hunger back, I resolved to read much more in 2008. And this blog is dedicated to that effort. So more books, but as all reading can be informative and entertaining, I'll also be talking up comic books, magazines, newspapers, blogs — anything I'm reading.

The name of this blog is just a name. Other possibly more clever names were thought up and discarded, usually because someone else already had a blog by that name (though they typically hadn't posted anything). The final name is a nod to the Time Enough At Last episode of The Twilight Zone.

No comments: